Thursday, March 22, 2012

17 Blemish Balm

The Beauty Balms/Blemish Balms or BB creams as they are known have literally taken the western world by storm! The creams started with the Asian market and I believe are about to take over the world. 
The BB creams claim to have oil control, even out your skin tone and give you more coverage than a tinted moisturiser without being too heavy. All of this sounded to good to be true to me so I finally jumped on the old bandwagon and I decided to purchase the 17 Blemish Balm. The reason I chose this particular brand is that all you hear about at the moment is the MUA or Garnier ones, so I thought I would choose one not everyone is talking about. In hindsight I did think to myself that maybe this wasn't such a good idea as there may be a reason for this!

At a first glance I thought the Beauty Balm was packaged lovely and had a very modern and elegant design on the front. The Shade I chose was Light and I have reluctantly put a before and after picture below.



(Please excuse the no make up picture and the sticky out bit of hair on the second).

The first couple of time I used this I wasn't too impressed with the coverage as I thought it was only a light coverage and I prefer something a little heavier. After taking these pictures and staring at them for a good 10 minutes as I pondered as to whether to upload them or not I decided that I do actually like the BB coverage and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

The 17 Blemish Balm is a little heavier than I first anticipated but I suppose that is all the good stuff in it. I would say this particular BB cream gives you a medium coverage. As you can see from the picture, it has evened out my skin tone very well.  

To be honest, even though I have been wearing the BB cream, I am unsure as to whether I will be repurchasing this purely for the fact I do prefer more coverage. I am extremely happy with this product though and would recommend this BB cream to anyone wanting a lighter cover for the summer.

One thing I was disappointed with was the Blemish Balm claims to give you oil control but I found myself even more oily in the areas which I am affected by.

Overall I am pleased with the result of the BB cream but I may have to try another brand as my oily patches have been even more noticeable. If you have normal to dry skin this would be a fab spring/summer product to replace your normal foundation with if you want something less heavy.

Enjoy your day!

Jazmine
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting My Lovely Fairy Follower!!!