Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Miss Sporty Nail Expert Manicure





Being someone who has had acrylic and gel nail extensions since I was old enough to know exactly what they are, my nails are now extremely brittle and break literally ALL the time! I have decided it is now time for me to care for my natural nails a little more .

When in Superdrug a couple of weeks ago I picked up some Miss Sporty polishes, both for £2.99. They are from the Nail Expert Manicure range. The one on the left is the 'For Short Nails' base coat and the one on the right is the 'For Glossy Nails' base and top coat.

I have used both of these together since I bought them and I am now ready to give my honest opinion on both.

 'For Short Nails' base coat.

 It claims to help a 'strong and fast growth' on the bottle. The colour of the base coat is a milky colour and even if you left this on the nails on it's own it would look very natural but leave them stronger. For the price I have been extremely pleased with the product and in the last 2 weeks, not one of my nails has chipped, which for me, is a miracle!

The brush is exactly the same as most polishes and is not one of the fat ones which some have these days, which makes for an easy, quick application. All it takes is one coat for the polish to work so it lasts for a long time!

'For Glossy Nails' base and top coat.


This polish claims to be a 'Silk base and top coat', I am not entirely sure how much truth I find in this statement. Now I don't like to write a negative review but unfortunately in this instance I wasn't so pleased. Whatever polish I have used, it has only lasted on average a day until it starts chipping. 


As a top coat I am highly un-impressed as, like I said, It chips very easily and lifts any other polish off with it. I must admit I haven't used it as a base coat as I have been using the polish above which I am pleased about.  


Again the brush is a thin one which makes the polish easy to apply and the finish is very glossy which I was very happy with. Despite this I think I may have to put this into retirement and search for another top coat with a little bit more staying power.


For £2.99 I think the base coat for short nails is well worth the money and in fact I am going to stock up just in case I never come across it again (highly unlikely yet this is how I can justify it to myself). However the generic base and top coat I would say is not worth the £2.99 and you would be better off with a clear polish.


See you soon!


Jazmine
x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting My Lovely Fairy Follower!!!